Saturday, October 11, 2008

a spider in my garden...

Still feeling a bit lost here... I want to craft, but I just don't know what to do, or where to start...

So I decided on a quick and easy project. Something I could start and finish in no time, and that wouldn't take too much mental or physical energy!

Over at the Lisa Gentry group at Ravelry, there is a Halloween Competition running. Lisa has provided a Spider Doily pattern for us to work from. Rather than using cotton thread, I used 8ply yarn... with a 7.0mm hook for the web, and a 3.0mm hook for the spider.

spider 004

The spider babies are just small black buttons, with strands of yarn for the legs...

spider 006

9 comments:

Lyndyb said...

That is very cool Purple. The photo is as always brilliant

Lauria said...

That was a beautiful yarn choice to show off the pattern. And so cute spiders!

Bel said...

hehe cute.

but. I have an important question to ask..

Where is the pattern for the Jute apple bag!???

Luv Bel.

laughing purple goldfish said...

lyndy - thanks :)

lauria - yes, it's very cobwebby yarn... too fluffy to really use for anything else!

bel - that is an important question! the pattern is rolling around in the back of my brain somewhere... I'll see what I can do about retrieving it for you...

Linda said...

Lovely spiderweb, great presentation.

whatsonox said...

I do like those spiders. For someone who isn't feeling very crafty at the moment (understandably) - you've beaten me hollow. I am still only halfway through a crocheted beret for my daughter that I started last week. I've nearly finished it once but realised what I was crocheting was a floppy brim rather than a beret band. So I undid it and started again. The next effort looked liked a beret but because I was doing it in the evening and I hadn't measured her head it was too big (my husband suggested I try it on her sleeping head but I thought that would just too scary for her if she did wake up). So I was getting a bit tired of it. But if you can crochet a spider and a web then I'm sure I can do yet another two circuits of trebles around the thing.

Thanks for getting back to your blog. I missed you.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is SO cute! Your blog always makes me want to pull out my needles.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous !! Great pic too :-)

laughing purple goldfish said...

crafty gardener - thanks :)

whatsonox - it feels good to be back... fingers crossed for smooth sailing with that beret from here on in

rachel - delighted to be inspiring you

stramenda - I think the spider is eying off the apricots on my tree!